How to print in the library
Black and White ($.05/page)
1. Log in to a computer in a library or IS lab
2. Print as normal - when the dialog box appears, read it carefully, and approve the print job if it is acceptable. Jobs costing more than $1.25 will fail to print (you'll have to split it into smaller jobs).
3. Find the printer nearest to the computer you're printing from to pick up your print job.
When you print, it will be deducted from your quota, and when you run out of quota, you will have the option to print using money from your Roo Bucks. Go here to add money.
1. Log in to a computer in the Miller Nichols Library Information Commons or Music/Media Library.
2. Select the printer that ends with "kc-ulpmnl-color" [first floor Information Commons color printer] or "kc-ulpmml-color" [ground floor Music/Media Library color printer]
3. Make sure you are only printing the pages that need to be printed in color, then when the dialog box appears, read it carefully, and approve the print job if it is acceptable. Jobs costing more than $1.25 will fail to print.
3. The color printer is located across from the Service Desk on the first floor of Miller Nichols Library or in the Music/Media's lab on the ground floor. At the print release station next to it, swipe your ID card (make sure it is the card for the person who logged into the computer).
4. Tap the print button.
5. At this point you can either select each job individually and print or you can select all the jobs and then print them by pressing print button on the screen.
If you do not have an ID card, you will have to purchase a guest card at a service desk.
Money you can use to print
First Use Your Quota
Every student gets $2.50 in free printing each week, which will automatically be used first when you print from a library computer.
Then add RooBucks
RooBucks accounts are created automatically when a campus ID is issued. To activate accounts, an initial deposit of $5 or more is required by logging in on the GetFunds website or visiting the OneCard office in the Student Union, room 410. The maximum deposit allowed is $100. Initial deposits can take up to an hour to appear on your account, so plan ahead when you intend to do a lot of printing!
Locations RooBucks are accepted are listed on the Quota page.